搜尋此 Blog

Monday, August 28, 2006

One/F Oyster Restaurant

銅鑼灣摩頓台5號百富中心一樓

Dishes Tried:
Veal with Tuna Source: so so
3 Franklin Bay + 3 Tasminia Oysters: Fresh.... $18 each.... good deal..... Around 6 choices of oysters to choose..... NO BELON..... sori~~~~
Duck Liver Risotto: My frd said it was nice
Clams with Luiguine: $118... small portion.... too "watery" ... I wud rather pay $88 in Al Dente for its vongole
AL Ranking: Pass. There is nothing really wrong with this one but there are things in life that you just dont feel right. Example 1: we were greeted with 2 toasts (one with baked tomato & one with fried mushroom) as pre-appetizer. They tasted ok but they were served with a big A la carte plate. Isnt it weird? Cant they be served with a smaller plate for God sake? Example 2: we had the olive oil bottle on our table but we were never served with bread further after the toasts. Example 3: In ordering, I wanna try the shells. The order is for 4 shells. Since I ordered 6 oysters, i asked if I can have half portion. The waiter said no. Well well... it's ok.... After the oysters, i found I want more & decided to order the shells. The waiter asked me if I wanted the cold ones or the hot ones. I confimed to have the cold ones but instead they get me the hot ones. The waiter asked me if I would like to give a try in a non stop fashion & my reply was the same for 3 times in a row - no, no & no. The waiter also told me this was the last order (I guess to persuade me to go for it, a trick or a tactics) & my reply was still a no.
Conclusion: Not a particularly pleasant dining experience & this is not a real Italian restaurant. Spent $500 for 2 & didnt have dessert & tea ~~~~~~ Wud i go again? The answer

Click to see

No comments: